[Zope-dev] Searching/Indexing/ZODB/SQL/BerkleyDB

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:18:19 -0700

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:03  AM, Matt Hamilton wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>> I would rather avoid having to use a relational database unless I
>>> have to.
>>> Perhaps the index pluggability could be made to support different
>>> backends
>>> (like FileStorage et al does).
>>
>> Yeah, unfortunately, the difficult bit is combining queries:
>> gimme the results where index1=='fish' and index2 is between 2
>> and 5kg.
>>
>> if index1 is in SQL and index2 is in ZODB, for example, how would you
>> go about efficiently combining results?
>
> Is there not a set datatype in python that could be used?  Admittedly,

[SNIP]

There is a 'sets' directory in the Python CVS (in the
'nondist/sandbox' area).  I think it was a proposed datatype that
didn't quite make the cut for 2.2..(?)

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@cuemedia.com