[Zope-dev] Open Letter to zope-dev

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:45:24 +0100

> > Noone from Zope Corp seems to monitor the list to help out.

> That is not my experience at all. I have received answers from Zope corps
> several times. But sure, most of the answers you get come from the
community
> members. Thats what a community is all about, and thats the hallmark of a
> good community.

I fully agree that Zope Corp and the Zopers there are really trying to
contribute to the lists and they are definitely listening. But still
Andrew's main points are right. I talked to people who are in the inner
circle of the CVS write-enabled. And even those people still feel that they
are not really getting all the info they need.

The session management framework (formerly known as CoreSessionTracking, now
it is in the core and just called Session) is another example, if my first
look was right. The API seems to have changed a lot between the last CST and
the final Session release that is part of 2.5 beta. O.k., there still seems
to be some backwards-compatibility, but why can't those projects be more
public? The tools are there (like CVS) ...

Joachim