[Zope-dev] file descriptors on Solaris [SUMMARY]

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:54:14 +1000

On Wednesday 03 October 2001 04:50, John Ziniti wrote:
> DIAGNOSIS:
> It appears that this only happens when the form is specified with
> "enctype=multipart/form-data".  In that case, Zope (or, more accurately,
> the cgi module), tries to create temporary file for each form <input>,
> no matter what type the input has ... (I think but I can't be 100%
> sure about that).  This seems a little weird.  Why do we have to open
> a file for each "part" just because it *may* contain a file?

This is a bug in python's cgi module that has been patched (but not in python
2.1.1). There's a patch on sourceforge for it in any case.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=231249

No fiddling with max open files required.

    Richard