[Zope-dev] syslog

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:16:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:53:00 +0200, Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> wrote:
> >
> >It may prove to be useful when you want to do remote logging: you
> >send all to the local syslog which in fact forwards it to a remote
> >syslog server.
>
> I understand the interest for remote logging of events - thats what I
> am using syslog for.
>
> Does the same apply to access logs too? (that is, the entries which
> also get written to var/Z2.log)

Sorry, I don't know. In fact I don't use syslog with Zope, this was just a
general answer. Because Apache is often used in front of Zope, it's
probably even better (quicker) to let Apache do the access logging and
disable it entirely from Zope.

bye,

Jerome Alet