[Zope-dev] Re: core session tracking and zope 2.5 integration

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 12:35:08 +0900

Chris -

Thanks for your response.

I had already put together a prototype since my first mail to you on
this subject and just completed integration with version 0.9.  I have
placed a tar bundle at the following url:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/natsukashi/Prototypes/CoreSessionUserFolder.tgz

     or link via zope.org home page

  http://www.zope.org/Members/natsukashi/

with a bundled example (stest_internal.zexp). Please make sure that
you read both of the README.txt files.

   bash$ tar --exclude CVS -cvzf CoreSessionUserFolder.tgz
   CoreSessionUserFolder
   CoreSessionUserFolder/
   CoreSessionUserFolder/__init__.py
   CoreSessionUserFolder/User.py
   CoreSessionUserFolder/images/
   CoreSessionUserFolder/images/UserFolder_icon.gif
   CoreSessionUserFolder/help/
   CoreSessionUserFolder/refresh.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/patches/
   CoreSessionUserFolder/patches/README.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/patches/CMFCore-CookieCrumbler-p1.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/patches/CoreSessionTracking0-9-p1.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/patches/zope-2.4.1-absolute_url-p1.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/SessionIdManager.py
   CoreSessionUserFolder/import/
   CoreSessionUserFolder/import/README.txt
   CoreSessionUserFolder/import/stest_internal.zexp

It is far from perfect but just a proof of concept.  This approach
would also benefit from the encrypted user password support (I
believe).

Please take a look and provide some feedback.

thanks,

- joe