[Zope-dev] A modest proposal: Replace medusa with Twisted

kapil thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:28:32 -0700

On Thursday 11 October 2001 03:30 am, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> kapil thangavelu wrote:
> > twisted is GPL and zope is not gpl compatible and that does not appear to
> > be changing despite some mention from zc about trying to achieve
> > compatiblity.
>
> Twisted is LGPL, and it might be possible to license it under something
> that will work with ZPL. I don't think this will be an issue if it comes to
> it.

itamar,

thanks for the license clarification.

i didn't mean to suggest that its not a good idea to work on it.

i was hoping that someone from zc would give some sort of status update to
paul's statements from http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/622793
june.

kapil