[Zope-dev] standard_error_message and displaying non-html content.

Noel Duffy noel.duffy@propylon.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:19:53 +0100

Steve Alexander writes:
 > seb bacon wrote:
 >
 > > I don't believe there is a clean way.  I've changed the source not to
 > > display its own html at all.  It's not nice, but I suppose that's the
 > > benefit of OSS.
 >

 > Is there a FishBowl proposal on remedying this? If not, there should be one.
 >
 > Perhaps someone who has this itch to scratch can get the ball rolling?

First, thanks for the quick response.

Secondly, I would be willing to start this process, but my
knowledge of Zope internals is patchy at best, so I might not
be the best person for this. Still, if no-one else wants to,
I will give it a go.

Just to clarify, I am only concerned at present with the code in
HTTPResponse that, in the case of an exception, scans for
<!doctype html or <html, and wraps them in html if these are
not found. (Seb, does this cover the problems you experienced?)

I think there is a more general problem of making Zope
"content-neutral", but that is a proposal for another time.

Regards,

Noel Duffy.