[Zope-dev] standard_error_message and displaying non-html content.

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:38:00 -0400

On Thursday 18 October 2001 10:19 am, Noel Duffy allegedly wrote:
[snip]
> Just to clarify, I am only concerned at present with the code in
> HTTPResponse that, in the case of an exception, scans for
> <!doctype html or <html, and wraps them in html if these are
> not found. (Seb, does this cover the problems you experienced?)
>
> I think there is a more general problem of making Zope
> "content-neutral", but that is a proposal for another time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Noel Duffy.

I think the way to proceed is to create a fishbowl proposal to
change ZPublisher so that no HTML wrapping takes place if the Content-Type is
some thing other than "text/html".

Unfortunately changing "magic" like this has a tendancy to break code that
unwittingly relies on it. The fishbowl allows everyone to give that due
consideration.

I think this is a great idea BTW.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org