[Zope-dev] IE and Zope MIME type handling

Paul Erickson erickson@kaivo.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:16:57 -0600

I agree with solution #2.  When I upload a .xls file from Mozilla on
Linux, it also says that it is application/octet-stream.

Even more annoying:  Netscape 4.7.x says that it is
"application/vnd.ms-excel", while Konqueror says "application/ms-excel"
for the same file.  For sites that want to enforce, it makes me think
that it might be better to do #2 even for non octet mime types.

-Paul