[Zope-dev] BUG or FEATURE?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:53:44 -0200

Today i've got a problem with the dtml-with tag, as follows:

I was trying to set a variable, using REQUEST.set inside a dtml-in, inside a
dtml-with, but it only works the first time i call REQUEST.set. Subsequent
calls do not modify the variable, and do not raise an exception. Not even a
simple error.

I dont know how it was supposed to work, but i think that if the REQUEST was
immutable inside a dtml-with, it should be not allowed to call REQUEST.set
inside it.

Here goes some example code:

<dtml-with REQUEST>
<snip>
<dtml-in some-list>
<dtml-if condition>
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('var', sequence-item)"> <== only works first time it
gets called and dont raise an error.
</dtml-with>

See ya!

--
Sidnei da Silva
X3ng Consultoria e Desenvolvimento Ltda.