[Zope-dev] Versions (still)

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:02:02 -0700

> <dtml-in
"ZopeFind(PARENTS[-1],search_sub=1,obj_expr='locked_in_version()')">
> <LI>found <dtml-var title_or_id html_quote> in Version <dtml-var
locked_in_version>
> </dtml-in>

Yep I've done that, but looking through every object to see if its in the
version rather than examining the versions seems some what icky (and can be
expensive with lots of objects).

> Hehe, I feel with you, looking at how versions work takes one straight to
> Filestorage.commitVersion and some very low level code.

Yup. Hence the post.

> The question is if this is worth the effort, in the light of the
> new versioning discussion. The weaknesses of the current implementation
> of versioning puts some pressure to create something new IMO.

Yup, unfortunately I might be in a battle for Zope where time is of the
essence. I was just hoping there was an easy way. Sounds like there isn't.
--
  Andy McKay