[Zope-dev] Zope 2.4.2 DTML Method Bug

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:46:17 -0500

One of my products exposed a bug in the 2.4.2 version of DTMLMethod.py. It is
minor and can be worked around, but I wanted to point it out:

Line 203 of DTMLMethod.py now contains:

del self.__dict__['validate']

which is part of a try...finally statement.

It seems that the "validate" key is not always present in the object at that
point, specifically if you recursively call an object in a different context
then it was originally called. as in:

<dtml-with name="something">
  <dtml-return name="this">
</dtml-with>

This piece of code resulted in a KeyError on "validate" in my product code,
which had previously worked fine. Perhaps another try statement should be
wrapped around this del statement?

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org