[Zope-dev] declarePublic and users

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:03:31 -0400

seb bacon wrote:
> * Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com> [010903 18:42]:
>
>>Yeah, this is due to a shortcut in authentication.  I don't particularly
>>like this behavior.  It bites lots of people.  I wonder if we could
>>change it.
>
> I think so, FWIW.  As you say, this behaviour is a result of an
> implementation shortcut, rather than by design; I doubt the
> performance benefits outweigh the silliness of the resulting
> behaviour.
>
> I thought I remembered someone from ZC saying it was changed for 2.4,
> though?

Geez, I don't think so... maybe you mean the "Authenticated" role being
added?

I'd say ditch the current behavior if we can be reasonably certain that
nothing important (especially in the ZMI) depends on it.

Anybody want to write a fishbowl proposal?  ;-)

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com