[Zope-dev] CMF and 2.4.0

James Johnson tacomabbs@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:43:36

>From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>

>if anyone told you Open Source was "free" they were lying. This is the
>"price"
>you pay...
>
>Chris
It's not the "price".  I love the price. Its the way it seems its inferred
if I pull the CMF from CVS that's ok to use with a production 2.4 code. If
thats the case, why not release at least a beta, or is that dude from zope
corp still on vaction? ;-)
  I like using bleeding edge technologies like Zope.  However when asked to
use bleeding edge versions of it, as expected a feel faint for all the loss
of fluids. I look at a product such as phpnuke, and I say why do I have to
use x Zope products to achieve 1 php product.
  I still don't see why you would need to split Starsky and Hutch. Right now
it's more a Baretta and Fred thing.
And until they do like a Peaches and Herb thing and are Reunited, I'll have
to wait.
  Zope core manages content by itself.  So how you gonna have by the same
company, two products that basically do the same thing.  Sounds like
doublespeak, and a good way to get some salaries shuffeled around.
  Imho having them labeled 2 separate products will end up being a hindrance
to the overall project anyway.  I'll take it anyway I can get it.
I don't have any complaints, I love what's going on.  I just don't
understand parts of it.