[Zope-dev] Re: LoginManager, dtml-in prefix?

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:49:19 +1000

Chris Withers wrote:

>  > It's what used to be my biggest pet peeve. It comes from using
>>  sequence_xxx aliases in dtml-in loops (using a patched DT_In.py),
>>  which ZC refused to incorporate into Zope, instead implementing the
>>  prefix="..." feature.
>
>well, I never did understand their objections, but lets not drag it up
>again...
>
>>  So all dtml-in loops, in all my projects, are
>>  going to break in 2.4.
>
>Why don't you just redo the patch so it works on 2.4 as well?

Because I don't understand the DT_In code well enough. And my guess
is the patch won't be kept up-to-date, now that the prefix option
exists.

Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --