[Zope-dev] Zope on Windows: enhancements proposed

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:34:53 +1000

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 14:23, Andy wrote:
> > We'd like to propose that the service distributed with Zope move over to
> > using our code.
>
> Great, Im really looking forward to an improved Windows installation. But
> lets get it out there play with it before anything major happens like
> shipping Zope with it :)

Fer sure :)

> It is annoying but Zope wins there because OReilly isnt making WebSite
> anymore.

Yeah, they seem to have sold it to someone else...

> Its just a name, I find the Zope (%s) bit more annoying than
> anything :)

Agreed.

> > ps. happy to put this up as a project if required.
>
> Thats probably a good idea. What about other issues such as install and
> removing service easily later, STDERR logging not going to /dev/null, lack
> of start menu icons and other windows issues...

These are all things we've addressed, but it'd be good to note them
somewhere. We've tried to make the process of using Zope (and hence our
product) as painless to the average Windows user (and Mac user) as possible.

    Richard