[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Community checkins for CVS

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Paul Everitt wrote:
> Repugnancy aside :^) your second comment is on the mark.  It isn't so
> much that you need to assign and "lose" ownership.  Rather, the
> committer needs to ensure that they aren't violating your rights.
>
> We'll probably work up some boilerplate such as, "I'm going to commit
> your patch to Zope.  It's going to be available under the ZPL and the
> joint ownership model of the Zope Contributor Agreement.  Please respond
> agreeing that you understand the ZPL, the joint ownership model, and
> allow this contribution under these terms."
>
> How does that sound?

Sounds like a workable process, if an email acknowledgement is enough.
Perhaps you could also make some such language part of a click through
during the process of submitting a patch to the server?

I think for myself just labeling things as public domain will work
fine, but I know that won't work for everyone.

--RDM