[Zope-dev] Multithread transaction problems in ZODB

Cyril Elkaim cyril.elkaim@free.fr
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:14:37 +0200

	Hi,

   We are testing ZODB directly from Python and have a multitread
ConflictError problem.

   In short :-) if we open a connection in a first thread, then a second
connection in a second thread and then commit the first one and then the
second (the transactions are so interlaced)...

   Not only we have the ConflicError, even if obviously we do not modify
or create the same objects. But in fact the last transaction doesn't
even have its own objects saved.

   We are using ZODB from Zope 2.4. We have a similar problem using
Berkeley Storage too (beta4).

   If the two threads are serialized eveything works fine (but that's no
more multithreading no? ;-)

   So is it possible to access ZODB from a multithreaded application?

	Thanks in advance

	Cyril Elkaim