[Zope-dev] Create directory in LocalFS

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:59:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Jeff Nielsen / UgoFast wrote:
> I don't think I'm understanding you. I want to create the subdirectory
> programmitcally inside a DTML Document. Are you suggesting something
> like:
>
> <dtml-call
> "/images/Companies/100/manage_addProduct/OFSP/folderAdd(187)">

OFSP is Zope's Object File System Product.  So no, you wouldn't be using
one of its methods to create a subfolder in a LocalFS folder.

What Dieter was asking/suggesting, is that you look at LocalFS's management
system.  *If* it has a way of creating a subdirectory inside a
LocalFS folder, then you could just take a peak at how it does it,
to find out how to code it yourself in your own product.  If, however,
LocalFS does *not* have a way of creating a subdirectory through
its management interface, then you'll probably need to write an
external method that uses python file system library functions to
create the subdirectory.  I've never looked at LocalFS, so I don't
know if that would be enough, or if you'd also have to call some
LocalFS routines to let it know that the subdirectory now exists.

--RDM