[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:04:36 -0300

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:05:39PM -0600, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> as we are moving forward developing Zope 3 with large steps, it becomes
> more and more desirable to think about a nice frontend (ZMI) for Zope 3.
>
> However the skill set of the developers currently working on Zope 3 does
> not include good graphics design skills. For this reason the development
> team is looking for one to two good graphic artists who would like to work
> on the look and feel of the new Zope version. Since it is fully developed
> from scratch, there are almost no restrictions, other than: It has to be
> functional.
>
> Are there any takers?

I propose to base the Zope3 ZMI on the Plone CMF skin (designed primarily by
the talented Alexander Limi and Vidar Andersen with important coding by Alan
Runyan), which can be seen at http://plone.org.

I don't know if Limi & group are available to do the work themselves, unless
ZC hires them for the job, but I don't think they would object either. I
know at least Alan has a lot of interest in Z3.

As I'm skinning Plone/CMF for my primary job, I'd be willing to do (or
coordinate if other people want to help) the work of adapting the skin to
Zope3 needs.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/