[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

William Trenker wtrenker@shaw.ca
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:15:45 -0800

--Boundary_(ID_CJvjV8co6DBVkAU1iOqKvA)

--Boundary_(ID_wyH3J0o4Wasft3s5qTIWPQ)

At 11:36 PM 4/4/02 -0600, you wrote:
>I think we can safely rely on CSS.

Would you be comfortable with CSS Level 2?

Current CSS standards even provide some of the dynamic formatting, like
text rollovers, that used to require Javascript .  I, for one, would limit
the dependency on Javascript in the standard Zope3 skins.  There are still
problems with some browsers in this area.  Even with the current browsers
(Netscape 6.2, Internet Explorer 6, Opera 6.01) I'm still finding
discrepancies.  Some Javascripts work, some don't.  And there's still the
occasional Java Applet that works in one browser and crashes in
another.  Any thoughts on this?

Bill

"The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The
commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life . . . For this is
the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are
not burdensome." (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)    <http://torahteacher.com/>torahteacher.com

--Boundary_(ID_wyH3J0o4Wasft3s5qTIWPQ)

At 11:36 PM 4/4/02 -0600, you wrote:<br>
CSS.</blockquote><br>
Would you be comfortable with CSS Level 2?<br><br>
Current CSS standards even provide some of the dynamic formatting, like
text rollovers, that used to require Javascript .&nbsp; I, for one, would
limit the dependency on Javascript in the standard Zope3 skins.&nbsp;
There are still problems with some browsers in this area.&nbsp; Even with
the current browsers (Netscape 6.2, Internet Explorer 6, Opera 6.01) I'm
still finding discrepancies.&nbsp; Some Javascripts work, some
don't.&nbsp; And there's still the occasional Java Applet that works in
one browser and crashes in another.&nbsp; Any thoughts on this?<br><br>
Bill<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life
. . . For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His
commandments are not burdensome.&quot; (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

--Boundary_(ID_wyH3J0o4Wasft3s5qTIWPQ)--

--Boundary_(ID_CJvjV8co6DBVkAU1iOqKvA)

---