[Zope-dev] Re: ZMI / JavaScript brainstorm

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:53:09 -0600

What you are likely to see in Zope3 at least is the ability to synch
objects to and from the filesystem. This would allow you to edit
content/code (code-tent?) on the filesystem using your choice of tools
and then check it back into the ZODB.

Another reason for this is a vision of having all application code (even
restricted python) reside in the ZODB so that it can be distrbuted via ZEO.

Much work is to be done on this, but I think in the end, we may be able
to have our cake and eat it too...

-Casey