[Zope-dev] ZClasses useful! [Was: ZMI / JavaScript brainstorm]

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:56:38 +0200

At 09.04.2002 10:46 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

>ZClasses are a waste of time, even more so than DTML.

Chris, please stop that dissing of ZClasses. They are *very* useful indeed!

No, not so much for the seasoned Python/Zope coder, but for the content
manager (remember, Zope is a CMS after all!). I have successfully taught
ZClasses to people who would not easily grasp how this (disk-based) Python
stuff works, simply because they are content managers not software
developers. And, IMO, they should not even need to care.

I sure hope this part of Zope's audience is not forgotten in Zope3. I have
always considered it a strength of Zope to allow "unskilled" users to
create and deploy dynamic websites.

We can fight this out at the BBQ if you like ;-)
Stefan

--
BLOWFISH n. - Preference for beef