[Zope-dev] RedstrictedCreation proposal

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:57:04 -0400

> IMO, this comes at this at the wrong direction.
>
> Objects should not decide whether they can be added to a given folder,
> the folder should be the one that makes that decision.
>
> It gives me the heebie geebies to think that every time the add list is
> rendered, a whole slew of class methods are potentially called to
> determine what gets put there.

I think (correct me though, if I'm wrong!) that Toby
actually implemented the suggestion that Jim made on
the comments page of the proposal (add a filter to the
meta type info, allowing products to do this without
killing performance).

We need to find a reasonable place to document the API
addition for this before merging it.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com