[Zope-dev] Separate staging and development areas for a product

Ted Skolnick ted.skolnick@reis.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:12:30 -0400

Hi,
I have a Zope product in development.  I want to setup a staging area for
stable releases and I am not sure how to go about it.  I could install
another Zope in a different directory, but it seems like I should be able to
do it with the Zope instance I've got.  Any thoughts, or pointers?

My project contains ZSQL methods and external methods, if that is
significant.  It seems like the external methods could be a rub, since they
exist as files in the Zope installation directories (specifically in the
Extensions directory).   I don't know how I could have multiple versions of
these files, one for development, one for staging all within one instance of
Zope.

One lesser question, newbie question... how do I control the URL to reach
the methods exposed in my project. For example, I have a product called
myproj, with my method.  The only URL I can get to work is this....
http://myserver/Control_Panel/Products/myproj/mymethod

I'd like to have a URL that looks like this...
http://myserver/myproj/mymethod   without the Control_Panel bit.

thanks,
Ted