[Zope-dev] Speaking of 2.6...

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:43:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> The hope was always that dtml-let would cause REQUEST.set(...) to
> die out, because it is way too easy for people to get into trouble
> with REQUEST.set(). The hard-headed part of me would rather that

dtml-let cannot enable REQUEST.set to die out, because it is a
tag that requires nesting.  A namespace dtml-set (with some
other name so as to not stomp on those people whose code already
uses dtml-set) might do more.

On the other hand, just switching to ZPT is probably better <grin>.

I think I'm going to stay agnostic on whether or not a REQUEST
stuffing dtml-set belongs in the core.

--RDM