[Zope-dev] Tyring to FTP to Zope running behind firewall, get login box but no directory listing

Jason Spisak jspisak@lycoris.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:52:59 -0700

It would appear that their FTP implementation is not working
correctly, when connecting to a Zope FTP system behind a
firewall.

Zope is running on port 8880 and ftp service works fine from
inside the firewall on port 8821.  From outside the firewall, I
get a login prompt, enter my password, but then the directory
listing never materializes.  Since I get the login prompt, it's
not a firewall packet issue.

Is this a known issue?  If anyone knows of any quick fixes for
this, I'm wide open for ideas.

--
Jason Spisak
Marketing Director, Lycoris