[Zope-dev] Tyring to FTP to Zope running behind firewall, get login box but no directory listing

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
23 Apr 2002 18:49:41 -0600

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 18:52, Jason Spisak wrote:
> It would appear that their FTP implementation is not working
> correctly, when connecting to a Zope FTP system behind a
> firewall.
>
> Zope is running on port 8880 and ftp service works fine from
> inside the firewall on port 8821.  From outside the firewall, I
> get a login prompt, enter my password, but then the directory
> listing never materializes.  Since I get the login prompt, it's
> not a firewall packet issue.

Do not be so quick to conclude that. FTP *has* firewall problems. since
I know nothing of the firewall, I can not help in too much detail.

--
Bill Anderson
Linux in Boise Club                  http://www.libc.org