[Zope-dev] Re: DTML and REQUEST data changes about to be checked in

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:29:36 -0600

On 8/1/02 10:08 AM, "Martijn Pieters" <mj@zope.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 10:46:44AM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>> I am about to land some big changes in the way DTML deals with data taken
>> from the REQUEST object when accessed implicitly, in both the Zope Trunk
>> and the Zope 2.5 branch. These changes could potentially break existing
>> Zope sites.
>
> It's in. Let the testing begin!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it with some of our 2.5 sites - I have a
small worry that old code on small sites that we don't have much worry about
will break if this is put into a 2.5.2 or later release.  Could there be a
way to disable this "feature" in 2.5 via a z2/environment variable or some
other configuration setting, but have it be automatic in 2.6?  "Potential
code breakage" and "point point release" leave me a little worried about
maintaining 2.5 sites.

It may not be an issue - I have to digest the changes in more depth that
I've had (or currently have) time for, but that's the thought that crossed
my mind earlier.

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com