[Zope-dev] Zope components and revision control with cvs

Mehran erfani mehran_erfani@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am a newbie to the zope world and recently started
using zope in our corporate development environment.
One thing that I couldn't find so far is an easy way
to use cvs for revision control for individual
components developed in zope. I understand that zope
has its own version control system and mechanism. But
still in a corporate frame work it might be desirable
to find a way to be able to use systems such as cvs to
do revision control outside the frame of zope. I am
pretty much familiar with export and import facilities
in zope, but I am sure we all agree that importing and
exporting individual components of a big project is
going to be quite cumbersome. On the other hand import
and export of a zope project as whole is not going to
be helpful in using cvs either.... so I am puzzled! Is
there anyone out there who has a suggestion on this
issue? Is there anyway around this? Does zope provide
some API to be able to export and import components in
group...Is there any product out there that would
automate one such a procedure? I would appreciate it
if anyone can help. Thanks.