[Zope-dev] saving dictionaries in MySQL database with using existing connection

Axel Bock news-and-lists@the-me.de
13 Aug 2002 23:52:09 +0200

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 20:54, R. David Murray wrote:
> On 13 Aug 2002, Axel Bock wrote:
> > it into the database), but this is not what I intend.
> > I want to say something like this (very, very roughly!):
> > 		db.save(dictionary)
> > ...and Zope should put my dict into the db. Serialized.
> >
> > Does anyone know whether this is possible or not, and if yes, how?
>
> Pickle it into a string and store the string.  Unpickle it when you
> retreive it.  But why not just store it in the zodb?

well, pickle is cool. :-)

now I have two new problems:
1. I don't know how to get the database connection
2. I don't know how to store this string without making some queer
arrangements to avoid getting \' chars in the SQL query - which are
quite deadly to them.

So can anyone help me with database access documentation (how to get
*and use* an existing MySQLDatabaseConnection from another product, and
how to store strings into it without making fuss about replacing all \'
chars within the data?

This would be very helpful.

So thanks and greetings,

		Axel.