[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Annce] ZEO 2.0 beta 1 released

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:17:55 +0100

On Friday 23 Aug 2002 3:59 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> We've just released ZEO 2.0 beta 1.It's available from
> http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO.
>
> We think this release of ZEO 2 is fairly stable,

hurrah!

> although we may do
> one more beta release to add some performance improvements.

Do you have something specific in mind?

> After the alpha release, I suggested that there would be several more
> alpha releases to add new features.  We didn't have the resources to
> pursue the new features.  Instead, we plan to get a solid 2.0 final
> release out as soon as possible.  New features will be postponed until
> 2.1.

I would like to merge the branch 'toby-signal-branch' in before 2.0. This=
=20
provides an easy way to use extensions to the storage API across ZEO.

This feature is critical for DirectoryStorage. I am 100% happy with the=20
current implementation (but not very happy with the name of the new=20
method.... suggestions welcome)

Any objections?