[Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:50:41 -0400

>I'm not sure that is the case you know. Oracle 9i Linux is faster on my
>Linux Athlon 800 than the same release on my Win2k Dual Piii 1GHz.
>
>Also my Win box has 1Gb ram, while my Linux box has only 512Mb...

In other news....  Apache is reported to run faster on Linux that Win2000,
as is PostgreSQL. Samba is reported to provide double the throughput of
Win2000 native file services, with half the response delay for client requests.

>Very much so! On a Win2k with Dual P3 1Ghz Zope runs slower than the same
>install on a Linux box with 1 P133 !!!! (I have tested this on multiple
>different configurations and every time it comes out the same)

This, however, is almost an order of magnitude difference, and may need
further investigation...

Adam