[Fwd: Re: [Zope-dev] Browser Stop Button and Zope REQUESTs]

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:41:44 +0100

I think Tim meant this to go to the list ;-)

Chris

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Browser Stop Button and Zope REQUESTs
Date: 29 Aug 2002 14:36:30 +0800
From: Tim Hoffman <timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au>
To: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
<1030216329.1327.114.camel@james> 	<3D6CB8AD.40206@nipltd.com>

Hi

Just my 2c worth,

I wouldn't want this to be a blanket approach if it where ever
implemented.

If my ZODB is so big that it takes half an hour to rebuild, I would hate
it to be aborted just because the browser lost it's connection (ie IE
crashed ;-)

or running a big import. I don't need the browser to hang around for the
end result, I just want it to complete at some point. (ie kicking off
long running processes through xml-rpc, I don't want to keep the
connection open for the duration.)

Either you can programatically look at the state of the connection
(within the process and chose to kill it) or there was a console tool so
that you could see long running threads and kill them.

Rgds

Tim