[Fwd: Re: [Zope-dev] Browser Stop Button and Zope REQUESTs]

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:22:41 +0100

On Thursday 29 Aug 2002 2:21 pm, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:

> If something like I described would be implemented into zope, it surely
> should be possible to start an extra thread for doing the stuff you giv=
> as an example

The issue is that zope *already* runs *every* request in a seperate threa=
d=20
from the one that handles the connections, and has done since version 2.0=
=2E

In most almost every case these worker threads will have finished their=20
per-request work and all response data will have been calculated before t=
he=20
user has a chance to press the stop button.