[Zope-dev] find unused objects: hopefully the last misunderstanding... :o)

THerp@apriori.de THerp@apriori.de
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:12:10 +0200

* > I have lots of scripts, dtml methods etc. everywhere which are
* > perfectly well-known to the ZODB, nothing wrong with that, but which
* > are simply not used by me anymore. No usage from other scripts nor
* > methods nor documents. And these buggers I'd like to find.

* There is no easy way to find such things.

* Especially given acquisition, and the dynamic nature of Zope.

Finally we got it :o)

Ok, the reason for me posting this question was the difficult nature.
So I take your answer as a 'no' to my original question if anyone has
already written such a script.

Maybe this would be a good thing to accompany future Zope versions.
There could be a tab which shows all objects which are called
explicitely by the actual one in a sortable list.

By the way: is this the correct mailing list for such suggestions?
If not, which one is it?

Thanks,

Tobias