[Zope-dev] find unused objects: hopefully the last misunderstanding... :o)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:54:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 THerp@apriori.de wrote:
> Consider a tab for methods... which allows to parse them and produces
> a sortable list of links to the other referenced methods...

Just to make it clear what I'm talking about when I say "effectively
impossible", consider the following bit of DTML:

	<dtml-var "somefolder[myvar](_.None,_)">

How are you going to figure out which objects that references?  And
this is a *very* simple example, just in DTML.  You should see some
of the indirection gyrations certain of my python code goes through <grin>.

--RDM