[Zope-dev] bug day

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:22:18 -0800

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:33:19 +0000
Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:

> > Developers and any other interested parties should gather via IRC on the
> > #zope-dev channel on irc.openprojects.net at the time and date above.
>
> I think its worth saying that the most important (IMO) outcome from the last
> two bugs days has been *concensus* about which bugs can be forgotten about,
> or rejected, and which are most important. You dont need to be a hardened
> zope developer to make a valuable contribution.

What a coincidence. A few days ago I wrote some text regarding 623 issue
(but not posted) which also mentions consensus issue:

  Consensus problem
  -----------------
  Unicode support is particularly hard to have the consensus, as
  the benefit/impact of the specification is significantly different
  among people of different regions in the world.
  As Zope's popularity is becoming worldwide, difference of the impacts
  of cultural-sensitive specification is becoming larger. For instance,
  while one region may get benefit from one change in specification
  without problem, other region may suffer from it.
  Also, it's harder to realize/measure the impacts on different regions,
  as it requires deep knowledge of different cultures. The difficulty
  of I18N lies rather in that aspect, not in technical difficulties.

Regards,
---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>