[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope Book call for assistance

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 12:11:13 +0100

Hi Chris,

--On Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 21:27 -0500 Chris McDonough
<chrism@zope.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 19:13, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>> These are exactly the things you shouldn't neither do in DTML
>> nor in ZPT :-)
>
> What do you suggest people use for a templating language for email,
> JavaScript, SQL, etc?  I think it's too much to expect them to use
> Python to do this (esp. wrt SQL methods).

Oh, is it? I'd rather like to write %(name)s %(value)d
then <dtml-whatever value>
Recently I read the python-dbi spec and its very nice to see
what you could do with the above form. There are even
standard ways to do multiple querys or function calls.
(Hope I can contribute a product for this as time permits)

For E-Mail and Javascript templates I also find it less confusing
if I can use %(var)s form.

As a general solution for texts one can use "file" which has an edit
tab for several releases of zope now. Then use it like this:

context.thefile.read() % context.REQUEST.form

or whatever seems appropriate to get values from.

E-Mail even gets clearer with the solution since you can easyly
loop and do whatever instead of multiple <dtml-sendmail> tags.

Regards
Tino