[Zope-dev] slightly offtopic: Publish/Subscribe mechanisms and Zope.

Phil Harris phil@harris-family.info
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 22:01:44 +0000

All,

Some time ago a Zope developer (a Zope Corp employee) contacted me with regards to my pyKnowNow microserver that allowed Python to be a fully fledged part of a KnowNow (http://developer.knownow.com) network.

Since I can't remember who that was, typical, I'm posting this in the hope that it jogs a few memories. It may also be of interest to others :).

The point of this mail is that a newish project on SourceForge, http://mod-pubsub.sf.net, is now available via cvs.  This is basically a repackaging as opensource of an earlier, but it seems quite complete, version of KnowNow.  The best part is that as well as the Apache Perl cgi based server there is also a complete alpha quality version of a server written in Python based on asyncore.

This seems like a good opportunity to start looking at Zope and pubsub again.

The mod_pubsub stuff also has a Javascript microserver.  This has huge possibilities for interactive web apps, presence, instant messaging, chat, et al.

I apologise if this is too far off topic but thought that people may be interested :).

Phil Harris
phil@harris-family.info