[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] authenticating over XML-RPC to implement the Blogger API

Nathan Sain njsain@antler.oursc.k12.ar.us
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:35:52 -0600 (CST)

> I don't think basic auth is going to cut it.  The API wants username
> and password to be passed as arguments.  Probably need to hack a user
> folder implementation.
Chris,
Sorry for not listing this as an option in my previous mail, I meant that
I had two options forusing existing user folders, but my brain was not working correctly after
my 1 hour commuteto work :).   I looked at AccessControl/User.py and it looks like one
could modify theidentify function to grab the username,password from the arguments.  Do
most user foldersget this function through a subclassing?
--

Nathan Sain
Deer High School IT Dept.