[Zope-dev] ZMI textareas on Windows IE6 are '100%+' wide, cause scrolling inconvenience

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:40:23 -0500

[Jeff] You're right, I wonder if this is a documented change in IE6, or
a bug they plan to fix? I can't imagine in what universe that including
the scrollbar-obscured area in the 100% width makes sense. I'd hate to
see all browsers' HTML get munged to cover this bug up. But given the
pervasiveness of IE6, maybe the ZMI should make some accomodation for a
preference that 9x%'s the width of the right frame.

[Joachim] I think the problem is more severe. IE 6 has obviously changed
behaviour compared to IE 5.5. I'd call it a bug. It now always
calculates "100%" with the right-hand bar's width INCLUDED, so there are
other side-effects than the one you are describing, like the last tab on
the right being partially covered by the scroll bar.

So if we change the HTML, it should limit the width of the WHOLE
right-hand frame, not just the textarea's width ...

Unfortunately this will only work automatically with some browser
detection ...

Joachim