[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope-Coders] Zope builds (new Intel C++ compiler)

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:52:26 -0500

[Morten W. Petersen]
> I've just read an article on open-mag:
>
>   http://www.open-mag.com/754088105111.htm
>
> about the new Intel C++ compiler, here are some quotes:

I think you may have overlooked the one at the top of the page <wink>:

    Intel's C++ Compilers for Linux and Windows smoke GNU C and MS Visual
    C++ in number crunching benchmarks.

The Intel compiler tries to exploit special short-vector hardware that's of
great use in number-crunching apps that spend most of their time in tight,
regular, numeric inner loops, but sits idle otherwise.  There's very little
of that in Python or Zope.