[Zope-dev] Zope 2.4.4b1 dumps core

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:51:23 -0500

This won't help the crashing problem, but for the leak problem you may wa=
nt
to consider using AutoLance:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Products/AutoLance

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leonardo Rochael Almeida" <leo@hiper.com.br>
To: "Zope Developers list" <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 2.4.4b1 dumps core

Hi,

As I mentioned in this list before, I'm also getting the segfaults in a
Zope that depends heavily on PythonScripts.

The only C compiled Product that is used is ZMySQLDA with the last
versions of everything I could find, and I doesn't seem to be the cause
of the problem, since disabling gc fixes the problem (just like it fixed
with 2.4.3) but causes a leak that requires us to restart the ZEO Client
(which is what is segfaulting. The ZEO server runs without a glitch)
every 6AM.

I have a feeling that it's crashing less frequently than Zope 2.4.3, but
I cannot confirm this. It's crashing every 20m aproximately, when gc is
enabled.

I have run out of options as well. We must keep the server under
surveillance at all times because sometimes the morning restart isn't
enough to contain the leak before the machine starts swapping.

Cheers, Leo

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 16:36, Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am sorry to report that Zope 2.4.4b1 dumps core. I have filed a bug
issue
> to the collector, and I am also seeking advice on possible ways out of =
my
> misery :)
>
> I also have attached to the collector issue two tracebacks from two
> different core dumps.
>
> Here is the setup:
>
> Zope 2.4.4b1, source release
> Python 2.1.2 source w/o pymalloc
> RedhatLinux 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10 on an P4 machine
>
> We use the following products
>
> Formulator 1.0 .1- sligthly modified by one consultant
> LocalFS, latest
> Transparent folders, latest
> ReplaceSupport, latest
> Stripogram, latest
> DCO2, latest from CVS
>
> We have a lot of Oracle operations going on on each request, and we use=
> *lot' of PythionScripts.
>
> Any ideas on what might be wrong?
>
> /dario - very, very weary of these core dumps.

> Dario Lopez-K=E4sten     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technolog=
> dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services

Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.