[Zope-dev] Re: bug in VirtualHostMonster in 2.5.0

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:29:48 -0500

What info can you get from <dtml-var REQUEST> , say in a dtml doc called
"env_test" ??

eg:
ServerName newsite
ProxyPass /
http://192.168.X.Y:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/
ProxyPassReverse /
http://192.168.X.Y:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/
ProxyPass /misc_ http://192.168.X.Y:8080/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://192.168.X.Y:8080/p_

yields:

PATH_INFO
'/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/env_test'

and

PATH_TRANSLATED
'/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/env_test'

ProxyPass /newsite
http://192.168.X.Y:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_newsite/
ProxyPassReverse /newsite
http://192.168.X.Y:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_newsite/
ProxyPass /misc_ http://192.168.X.Y:8080/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://192.168.X.Y:8080/p_

yields

PATH_INFO
'/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_newsite//env_test'

and

PATH_TRANSLATED
'/VirtualHostBase/http/newsite:80/newsite/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_newsite/env_test'

The above is how it works on Zope 2.4.3

I remember the second example being a pain to get working on 2.4.3, I think
ZMI needed the extra trailing "/" on the proxypass statement in order to
work right.

Adam