[Zope-dev] still segfaults, this time no ZMySQLDA

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:18:46 -0500

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 21:55, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
>
>>in lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/PythonScripts.py, try changing
>>Script_magic to be 4, and see if that helps.
>>

>Nope, time between restart after the change and 1st crash was aprox.
>3m15s.

Rats!  I was hoping that would flush things out, but wasn't expecting it
to work.

>>FYI, some of this is written up in
>>
>>  http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/StabilityHOWTO
>>

>hmm, I didn't know that page. It mentions trying with the -t 1. In this
>case, what is the real total number of threads? is it one for Medusa and
>one for handling Zope requests or is it just one overall? In this case I
>might be able to run it under Valgrind after all.
>
>Should I bother trying a different ExtensionClass.h?
>
>Cheers, Leo

With -t 1, you're still running with more than one real thread, but only
1 worker thread is processing Zope requests.  Most of the time when
there is a threading issue, the worker Zope threads are the ones that do
the potentially thread-unsafe work, so running with -t 1 will prevent a
thread switch from occurring while an exposure could take place.

You don't need to bother with the different ExtensionClass.h; the magic
in my special version is NOT necessary to apply, and should not make
your system any more stable.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/