[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 planning - call for contributors!

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:18:35 -0500

On Thursday 28 February 2002 04:03 pm, you wrote:
> Brian Lloyd wrote:
>  > Let's get a discussion
> >
> > started to define 2.6.
>
> This isn't exciting by any means unless you're one of the people who
> package Zope up for distribution, or maybe you're one of the people who
> manage lots of little Zopes on one system; but I'd like to revive the
> "grand unified Zope installation and control" proposal that has been
> floated by many people (including me) in one form or another for some
> time.  Wikiwise, this would wrap up
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ZopeStartupProvisions and
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/InstallationAndConfiguration,
> at least.
>
> To summarize, this would involve
>
> - an expanded build program with an installation scheme that would allow
> multiple versions of Zope to be present on the same system

+1

I just did this manually yesterday and it would be *really* nice to have it
work like this out of the box. I think it would really improve first
impressions of Zope from a site admin perspective.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org