[Zope-dev] Zope 2.5.0 Sessions & Testing

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 07:53:21 -0500

Your problem is that a REQUEST is not created without the
publisher.  This is a particularly annoying and unsolved
problem when doing tests.  Your options are to use "import
Zope; Zope.test('/some/method/name')" which has all sorts of
bad side effects, or to dummy up the environment as much as
possible via things like makerequest, etc. enough for the
method to work.  I can't say exactly what's needed for that
in this case, I'd need to mess with it endlessly (luckily
that's your job in this case ;-)

Sorry,

- C