[Zope-dev] "Cache detail" error

Andrew Sydelko sydelko@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:58:46 -0500

Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > Clicking on "Cache detail" in the Debug Information
> > Control Panel, I get the following traceback:
> >
> > Zope Error!
> >
> > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
> >
> > Error Type: AttributeError
> > Error Value: __module__
>
> Hi Andrew -
>
> I'm not able to reproduce this with a stock 2.5b3 install :(
>
> What products do you have installed? From looking at the code,
> it looks like you somehow have an object in your ZODB cache
> whose class has no __module__ attribute. I'm not sure how that
> would happen, unless the __class__ of the object is not really
> a class :(

Well, what happens if there is no cache (I'm assuming the c1-*.zec
files are the cache)? Is this the error I'm getting?

The cache detail function doesn't actually query the ZODB in anyway,
right?

We've run into some other interesting things because our ZODB was
started such a long time ago (Zope 1.0 days).

I'm very interested in a way to run a sanity checker on the Data.fs
file that we currently have, removing any cruft (and yes, we've
packed) like invalid objects that Zope would pass over on startup.

--andy.