[Zope-dev] REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER question

Dan L. Pierson dan@control.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:21:23 -0500

--On Thursday, January 24, 2002 01:35:56 AM -0500 vio
<vmilitaru@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> exUserFolder installed ok, so I'll give it a test drive also.
> But some hints on debugging LoginMgr would be also appreciated.

Personally, I'd stay away from LoginManager.  It depends on ZPatterns,
a very impressive, very complex layer whose author has moved on to
other things.  There are a group of users supporting it to some extent
with occasional help from the original authors, but I just see its
future on new versions of Zope as shakier and shakier.  For example,
Zope 2.4 support requires using the latest CVS patches (last I looked,
about a month ago).

We are currently using LoginManager, but will probably convert to
exUserFolder in the next month or two as part of moving our member
data from ZODB to PostgreSQL.

Dan Pierson